SEPTEMBER IS NATIONAL LITERACY MONTH!
1. Volunteer to teach someone to read? Contact your local library / community center and
sign up to assist young readers as well as adults. Literacy classes are the portals to
unlimited worlds of possibilities!
2. Be a 'Literary Fairy'! Purchase and gift someone a book from their wish list! Knowledge
is infinite and feeds the soul!
3. Donate your used books to family, friends, community organizations, schools, libraries,
etc. Spread the joy of reading!
4. Host reading parties and ask guests to bring their favorite poem or short story to share.
You'll be surprised to learn what others find exciting and discover a new author or two!
Don't forget the refreshments!
5. Visit an elderly care home and volunteer to read to them. You may gain a new friend and
a very memorable experience. Enrichment is generational!